The Environmental Studies & services Division (ESSD) conducts client-sponsored research and development for government agencies, Commercial businesses, non –government and international organization.
Present research involvements
- Development of air pollution model for Western province to focus future scenarios of disaster due to air pollution
- Risk assessment on microbial quality deterioration of potable water in the state initiated public housing schemes
- Developing guidelines for protecting upper watersheds
- Development of Environmental Guidelines for Housing Sector in Sri Lanka
- Watershed/ water resource Health assessment programme for upper watersheds of Kelani river basin.
- Environmental hazards of construction activities in acid sulphate soils.